Westermo's MR -250 Router uses HSDPA which is presently the latest and fastest standard for wireless communication available. Where HSDPA is not yet available MR-250 will automatically fall back to 3G (UMTS), EDGE or GPRS.
Other key features of this router:
It includes an integrated firewall, data encryption, VPN tunnelling and other features to ensure a secure data transmission.
The inbuilt RS-232 port can be used to connect legacy series based equipment such as PLCs, RTUs or IEDs.
The MR-250 supports protocols: Modbus RTU, DF1, DNP3, IEC870, VRRP, OSPF and RIP2.
The VRRP (Virtual Redundant Router Protocol) allows multiple physical routers to share a single gateway and provide multiple backup WAN connections.
The MRD-310 is a robust 3G router designed to provide remote connectivity across mobile networks.
- The unit comes with a resistant box, DIN-rail mounting and an operating voltage range spanning from 10 VDC to 60 VDC, and is designed for industrial applications in harsh environments.
- The unit features a built-in two port 10/100 Ethernet switch and a serial
- RS-232 port which allow devices to connect easily over a vast geographical distance.
- Typical applications include video surveillance, SCADA/DNP3 telemetry systems and remote access to machines and devices.
- The MRD-310 supports a wide variety of wireless standards, GSM, GPRS, 3G UMTS, HSDPA, and HSUPA (High Speed Uplink Packet Access), thus providing connectivity in as many applications as possible.
- By using HSUPA, this unit is suitable for even high data rate applications.
- There are a number of tools included in the product that will ensure connectivity with PLCs and other RS-232-based devices.
- The unit supports both packet and circuit switched modes, Serial to IP conversion, Modbus Gateway, DNP3 Level 1 Outstation, and Dial-Up modem emulation.
- Secure connectivity everywhere can be achieved using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) as this unit supports IPsec, SSL, PPTP and L2TP encryption and certificate management.