The 615 series IEDs (Intelligent Electronic Devices) are characterized by their compactness and withdrawable design.
The 615 includes:
- Feeder Protection and Control (REF615)
- Line Differential Protection and Control (RED615)
- Transformer Protection and Control (RET615)
- Motor Protection and Control (REM615)
- Relion® 615 series present native support for IEC 61850 communication between deviices in substations (including GOOSE messaging. The 615 series also supports Modbus TCP/IP and RTU/ASCII; DNP3 TCP/IP and serial; IEC 60870 -5- 103.
The patented plug-in design:
- Speeds up installation, maintenance and testing of the protection..
- Contributes to shortened MTTR (mean time to recover).
- Allows the cases to be installed and wired before the plug-in units are delivered.
- Prevents the insertion of a wrong plug-in unit in a case thanks to a mechanical coding system.
- Prevents accidental (or unauthorized) withdrawal of the plug-in unit through the sealable pull-out handle.
Other key features of the 615 series:
- The enhanced disturbance recorder functionality: records up to 12 analog channels and 64 binary channels
- Continuous monitoring of the IED itself.
- Individual user accounts with role-based access control protects the IED from unauthorized access (Four access levels: viewer, operator, engineer and administrator).