REF601 is a numerical feeder protection relay, designed for the protection and control of utility and industrial power systems, in primary and secondary distribution network.
REF601 is a member of ABB's Relion® product family and a part of its 605 product series. The relay provides an optimized composition of protection, monitoring and control functionality in one unit, with the best performance usability in its class.
The relay uses Rogowski current sensors or conventional current transformer for measurement. REF601/REJ601 is a dedicated feeder protection relay, intended for the protection of utility substations and industrial power systems, in primary and secondary distribution networks. REF601/REJ601 is a member of ABB's Relion ® product family and part of its 605 series.
The relay provides an optimized composition of protection, monitoring and control functionality in one unit, with the best performance usability in its class and is based on ABB's in-depth knowledge of protection and numerical technology.
The REF601/REJ601 features compact size and ease of use.
The features include:
- Standard 1A or 5A CT input for phase current measurement
- Alternate support for sensor input for phase current measurement
- Earth current measurement internally or externally through CBCT
- Three-stage overcurrent protection
- Two-stage earth-fault protection
- Inrush detection for stability during transformer charging
- Local and remote control of circuit breaker
- Trip Circuit Supervision and relay internal supervision
- Lockout function
- 100 event logs with date and time stamping
- Five analogue fault records
- Non-resettable trip counter
- On-line current measurements in primary value
- Comprehensive local HMI
- Universal auxiliary supply
- Optional MODBUS RTU communication
- Non-volatile memory for setting and fault records
- User selectable rated frequency 50 / 60 Hz
- Configurable binary inputs and outputs
- Multi language support for local HMI